Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where has the time gone????

Okay, so I feel like a very bad blogger since I have not posted anything since Jan.  But with work and baby and house, it seems like this has been one thing that had to slide for awhile.  So an update on Jamison....

   Jamie had his four month check-up a few weeks ago and his growing great.  He is over 14 pounds and is getting longer.  The doc didn't tell me his height and I was too concerned over the looming booster shots to remember to ask for it.  He got four shots which he did not like one bit, but he seemed to do better with them than before.  His doc said that he was a little small for his age and that we should think about starting him on cereal.  I had been wondering about starting him, but all the info I had read seemed to contradict one another.  But on Sunday night Jamie got his first spoonful of Rice cereal.  He loved it and thinks he is a very big boy to be eating from a spoon.  Unfortunately when he smiles all the food I just put in his month comes squishing out, but he is too cute to do anything but scrape it back up and throw it back into his mouth.  Seems like he eats more than he really does since most of the time I am just re-spooning the same cereal over and over again. Oh well, it goes down eventually!
   Jamie isn't rolling over yet, but is close to it.  He is trying to sit up on his own.  He hates when he is laying on a slight slant and tries to pull himself up to sitting, but is just not quite strong enough yet.  He loves his toy arches and is very adept at getting the toys off of the linking rings.  This amazes me since they aren't easy to get on in the first place!
   He had a fun day yesterday when we took him and my sister-in-law Tammy to register for her upcoming baby girl.  It was fun to remember when I registered and how I had no clue how to use most of the stuff I scanned.  It was nice to be able to pass on what little knowledge I have gained in the last 4 months.  I can't wait to meet the new little girl to the extended Schueller clan!  Jamie will have a playmate at family functions now! 

No comments: