Turns out I had had this ulcer growing in the part of my intestines right below my stomach without me knowing it and it finally decided to give way. It is not a good thing to have your stomach contents to get loose into your body! So a trip to the emergency room, tons of tests, a trip in the ambulance to another hospital, more tests, a very painfully night where they didn't know what the test meant, finally figuring out the results, surgery, and then five days of recovery in the hospital made for a very long time.
I have been home from the hospital for two days now. Yesterday I sent the day at my mom's trying to recoup some energy and heal. Kinda hard to do with an almost 4 year old running around you all day. Ella was very interested in Jamison, but was disappointed in the lack of skills he possessed. She didn't quite grasp the concept that he was only a few weeks old and not up to playing house or using the potty yet. The house just got fuller when Mende and Eli, the kids my mom babysits for, got home too. Then my sister, Nellana, and her daughter, Delaina, joined into the mix too. We had a very full and crazy house. I was ready to crash by 7 pm, which I did since Jamison isn't breast fed anymore Scott got to the evening baby duties while mommy slept a little.
Today my sister came over to help with Jamie and housework while I try to rest and recoup more while in the quietness of my own house. Much less noisy here! My mind still hasn't gotten the idea that I can't do all the stuff that I used to so I feel like a big blob most of the time hobbling around from room to room not being able to do anything. My body and mind need to regroup. She has been a very big help letting me take naps and work around the house.
Jamison has gotten bigger. Most people probably couldn't tell but I can. He had his first bath in his bath tub today. He didn't like it one bit!!! I will add a pic soon. Right now he has been sleeping for almost two hours which has been nice. He has been doing pretty good at night sleeping too, so hopefully we will start to get a little more sleep at night soon!
1 comment:
Darcie, Aaron and I are glad to hear you're on the road to recovery! You need to post pics of Jamison soon... can't wait to see the little man! Hope you recoup fast. Hugs, Angie (Leah & Mikes friend)
Post a Comment