Labor went pretty well I guess. I don't have other experiences to compare it with but overall I think everything was normal. We thought my water broke on Friday night so we made a trip to the hospital. It was a false alarm :) But then very early Sat morn I started to have contractions. They were very mild at first so I slept through most of them, but man did they get very intense!! I was told that labor pains could be felt starting at your back and working their way to the front and top of your belly. Mine just felt like major cramps!!! By five 0'clock, I was to the point of being doubled over in pain, so we figured we needed to head to the hospital. We made it just in time! As soon as I stepped out the of the car in the hospital parking lot, my water broke. It was not the big gush that they show on tv, more like a small leak that I know was not normal!!
Pretty soon we were checked into the hospital and put in triage of the maternity ward. We were only there for a little bit before we got moved to a labor and delivery room. By 8:30 I was still only 3 cm dilated, but in tons of pain so I got the epidural. I loved it so much!!!! Yet, it is a very strange feeling to not feel your legs or lower half! I couldn't move my right leg for a very long time even after it was supposed to have worn off. By 10:30 I was still only 3cm, but not feeling any pain :) I started to feel funny by 11:30 and when they checked me again I was fully dilated and ready to go! After pushing 2 and a half hours and a little break, Jamison was born at 3:11 on Sun morning. He started screaming as soon as his little head was out, so he has a pretty good set of lungs on him!!
We came home from the hospital on Tuesday, and I so began to miss those lovely nurses that would come and take the baby to the nursery if you wanted sleep. I need one of those for my house! The first few days are kinda a blur of no sleep, trying to feed, learning that he will pee every time you change his diaper and finding out that he is a night owl!! We had tons of visitors come over to see him. Scott's mom has been over almost every day to see him. She loves the little guy a lot.
I am not sure if it was a combo of no sleep and all the pain and trauma my body had been through, but I managed to catch the flu a few days ago and have been sick every morning. Nobody told me you could get morning sickness after the baby is born! My wonderful husband Scott, stayed home from work today just so that I could try and get more sleep. He has been a great daddy and husband and I love him very much. I am not sure how I am going to handle the rest of the six weeks I have off though! I guess it is all a learning situation. I am hoping that it all gets easier as time goes on. I am starting to feel better which is why I am writing this now. I think that I do need some more sleep though, so I am going off to take a nap while Jamison is also asleep and quiet.
No comments:
Post a Comment